We regret to inform you that a regular season with the Kentucky League will not be possible this season. Last night, several Kentucky teams announced they will not play this season. Our football director, coaches and YPAC board met and made the following decisions based on the Kentucky governor’s guidelines & the Kentucky High School Athletic Association (KHSAA) guidelines. Currently, Kentucky league teams cannot practice and have not started a season. Since they use high school or local park fields, they must follow local, state and KHSAA guidelines. Kentucky league teams are currently unable to start anything until Aug 24 with games allowed to start Sept 11th. That date has already been pushed back twice and we fear it will continue to be pushed back by Kentucky Officials. YPAC felt that pushing the start of the season to September or later would greatly interfere with other fall sports hopefully starting in Indiana in Oct. We also felt that even IF a season finally got off the ground in Kentucky, the restrictions would be to great to overcome financially for their teams and ours.
We have decided to continue our season here in Indiana and will continue to follow Indiana COVID-19 guidelines. Our coaches unanimously decided that our players come first and they are dedicated to your children! YPAC is an organization centered on teaching young players fundamentals and the love of the game. We will have an abbreviated season to at least teach our players those critical skills and fundamentals at an early age. We feel continuing to offer something is absolutely better than doing nothing at all.
We also understand that some of you will not share that same opinion and will want to end your season with us. We respect your decision and we hope to see you next season! We are planning on having a YPAC Youth Night at one of the HS home games. Once a date is set (Sept/Oct), we will notify you through the Sports You app and social media. Please attend so your player can be recognized on the field during the game.
For those who still want your player to grow and learn this season, we are planning on making the following alterations to the remainder of the season.
- Practice will continue Tue & Thur nights 6-7 pm.
- The season will end Thur Sept 3rd after the final practice.
- We will not be ordering uniforms or playing other IN teams. The other bigger IN schools we were trying to play have a team per grade level & we don’t think it would be a safe matchup.
- Whether you elect to end or continue the season with YPAC, you will be refunded your registration fee (minus the processing fee). Yes, you read that right… the YPAC board voted no matter what this season will be FREE! We had 60 registered players and we want to see you all back next year!
- We will adjust the teams with the remaining players and practice while also doing 9 on 9 scrimmage games amongst our players and other fun events! We hope to get the parents involved on the field at some point also for a little action against our players!
- Those staying will also get a FREE T-shirt for surviving the 2020 COVID season!
- Regardless of your decision, candle forms and money will still be collected at the blue barn Tue Aug 11th 6-7pm. We hope you will still participate in this fundraiser as it will be our only source of income this season.
- Regardless of you decision, we will be scheduling a YPAC Youth night at one of the HS home games. ALL players who registered this season may attend. Players will be announced on the field at some point during the game. A date will be announced at a later date.
We greatly appreciate your support and your patience this year as we navigated all of the guidelines in KY & IN. We hope you will see the value in at least keeping your player in the program to learn and to have fun!
Please fill out the form below before midnight Wed Aug 5th! From all of us at YPAC we thank you very much and look forward to the remainder of this season or seeing you next season!